Monday, October 22, 2012

Music Monday: Whole Lotta Lauren Gunderson

Here's how it goes. When I have send a music monday request to a playwright I ask for 15 songs or so, that way if a song is not on Spotify then there should be enough song options to put on a good size playlist.

When it came time to ask Lauren Gunderson for a Music Monday playlist, I asked her for 15 songs. When I get to putting together her playlist, the first song is: "The song 'Love Letter' by Clairy Browne that's in that Heineken commercial. Good song. Thanks, Heineken". So I look on Spotify and of course it's not on and I start thinking, this might be a small playlist if the first song is not on there. But I go on...

The Commercial

The Full Song

I then go down the list and see "John Coltrane (A Love Supreme)" which is a song in 4 parts, "Bach's cello suites" (he's got a lot of them, I chose ONLY one), and "Beethoven's 9th and everything by Mumford And Sons. And Loretta Lynn". 

Long story short, I end up with a playlist of 30 SONGS, care of Lauren Gunderson. So lots of songs for your writing pleasure. 


Sign up for Lauren Gunderson's popular PlayMath class at the PF New Play Institute by Halloween and get our Early Bird Discount.



No comments: